When people think of the dangers of asbestos, it is generally in the context of old buildings that may have an increased risk of exposure. One of the deadliest consequences of asbestos exposure is mesothelioma and other cancers, which can obviously prove fatal. If you or a loved one has developed cancer as a result of exposure to asbestos, you may be entitled to significant monetary relief. Act now and contact one of our expert asbestos attorneys here at the Law Offices of Gilbert R. Hoy, Jr. and Affiliates to discuss your potential claim. Call us today at 617-787-3700 or email us at email@example.com for your free and private consultation. Your needs are our top priority!
In the second such jury trial in two months, Johnson & Johnson was deemed to be responsible for causing mesothelioma in California woman Joanne Anderson, who was exposed to baby powder laced with the carcinogen found in asbestos. A California state court awarded Anderson $21.7 million and must decide if punitive damages are to be awarded as well. Trace amounts of asbestos were found in J&J’s iconic baby powder, and the jury decided that J&J knowingly exposed Anderson to the deadly powder. Anderson was represented by attorney David Greenstone of Simon Greenstone Panatier, PC of Dallas, Texas.
Johnson & Johnson currently faces lawsuits from over 9,000 people claiming that asbestos in the baby powder has led to diseases, primarily ovarian cancer. J&J maintains that asbestos is not, and never has been, used in their products.
Although our knowledge of asbestos and its numerous dangers has increased dramatically in the last 50 years, many older buildings still contain the material and therefore pose a risk of exposure and injury. If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos, you may be entitled to significant monetary relief. Act now and contact one of our expert asbestos injury attorneys here at the Law Offices of Gilbert R. Hoy, Jr. and Affiliates to discuss your potential claim. Call our injury lawyer experts today at 617-787-3700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free and private consultation. Your needs are our top priority!
When John Neves, a Woodburn, Oregon resident, began to cough up blood bi-weekly, his doctors explained to him that he had been exposed to asbestos. As an employee of Oregon Youth Authority, which works to house juvenile delinquents, Neves suspected that the cabins in which he housed the children contained asbestos and were thus the cause of for the exposure, and that the management had knowledge of the potential for asbestos exposure yet did nothing to warn him.
When Neves confronted the management at Oregon Youth Authority, he was put on administrative leave and ultimately fired after threatening to bring the situation to light. Jason Kafoury, of Kafoury and McDougal in Portland, Oregon, is currently representing Mr. Neves in a lawsuit against Oregon Youth Authority.
Mesothelioma is a terminal form of cancer. This deadly disease can be contracted through exposure to asbestos. The longer and more exposure you have with a product containing asbestos, the more likely you are to contract and develop mesothelioma. Because symptoms may not develop for years after exposure, it is important for potential victims to turn to an experienced asbestos personal injury attorney expert here at our Boston, Massachusetts law firm. Our Boston injury lawyer specialists have decades of experience helping our clients through complicated litigation.
Stephen Lanzo and his wife have been awarded over $100 million in damages by a jury in New Jersey. It was alleged by the plaintiff that he developed mesothelioma through his use of asbestos-containing Johnson & Johnson (“J&J”) talc powder products. A jury found J&J to be liable for 70% of the injury and found that the supplier Imerys Talc was responsible for the remaining 30%. The award was split into two categories: the first, $37 million was awarded in compensatory damages; second $80 million for damages.
Just last fall, a California jury found in favor of J&J, holding them not responsible for causing the plaintiff’s cancers. In a similar event, two lawsuits in the state of Washington were dropped prior to trial due to a lack of evidence. A spokesperson for the company believes that they will appeal the decision.
If you or a loved one have been subjected to asbestos exposure, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for the physical and emotional injuries you have endured. The Law Offices of Gilbert R. Hoy, Jr. and Affiliates has an exceptional reputation for recovering millions of dollars in personal injury damages for our Massachusetts clients. Call our Boston asbestos personal injury lawyer experts or our personal injury attorneys by phone at 617-787-3700 or email us at email@example.com. We are here to help. Your needs are our top priority!